Sunday, August 2, 2009

What history books do you recommend of the following countries?

I'm interested in reading history books, mainly of the following countires:


Germany, Spain, Italy, France, England, Egypt, Mexico, Russia.


Or just about history in general.


Any ideas?

What history books do you recommend of the following countries?
I haven't read any memorable books about those countries, however, one of my favorite books is The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. This book highlights the life and labors of a chinese farmer during the time of the countries last emperor.


It is a great read and I highly recommend it.
Reply:I am an Egyptologist major so .... Egypt : The Egyptians by Isaac Asimov; Gods and Pharaohs from Egyptian Mythology by Geraldine Harris;The pyramids and Sphinx by Newsweek;Egypt by Ann Heinrichs; Ancient Egypt be Lionel Casson; and Egyptology by Joanna Sutherland. Just to name a few


No comments:

Post a Comment