Monday, May 24, 2010

What is the name of a collection of 1950's childrens books about an old woman who gives rememdies to kids?

It's sort of an old, black and white-y, 1950's-ish set of children's books about an old,plump widow living next to all sorts of kids. She gives them and their parents remedies, potions, and has adventures at her house. I have no idea of the title or author, but i am desperate to know them.

What is the name of a collection of 1950's childrens books about an old woman who gives rememdies to kids?
Mrs Piggle-Wiggle
Reply:Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle! I love this series! They used to be broken up into books, but you can buy a compilation of the book for cheap. I can't seem to find the edition I have on Amazon, but I know Borders definitely has it. I've seen it there lots of times. The series was written by Betty Macdonald and illustrated by Hilary Knight (who, coincidentally, was the same man who created Eloise!).





I hope you find the books. They're repackaged as their individual stories, so you should be able to find them.

love song lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment