Friday, July 31, 2009

How and where to budy college books ?

I am in lookout for Mechanical Engineering college text books. Prices of new books is astronomically high. I need suggestions / guidance on how to buy the books economically ? Thanks for help.

How and where to budy college books ?
I have had decent luck on half.com and on amazon. I try to find used copies for all of my classes.





The problem is: many instructors change the book every term so your only option is purchasing a brand new book because there simply aren't any used ones yet.





I think Barnes and Noble and Half Price Books also sell used textbooks so you might check there as well. You might also try finding people who took that course in the past and may still have their books lying around. If all else fails, you may be able to split the cost with a roommate or friend and share a book.





Textbook prices are super high due to the fact that they are constantly being researched and updated and have limited print runs with lots of color pictures. Some schools are starting to use electronic textbooks where you can read them online or print them out on your own.
Reply:Try abebooks.com that's where I buy my books


I'm a Mech Engineer major too!





* I fixed the name....


No comments:

Post a Comment